Loving yourself is hard work. Takes commitment. It’s uncomfortable. Requires swallowing the bitter medicine.
Especially for men, the concept of self love does not come naturally to us.
Even if it doesn’t come naturally, we can still learn it. We can work on, and get better at, loving ourselves.
To help you on your journey, I created a list of ways to love yourself.
Whenever you’re in need of some self love, here’s what you can do.
Here’s 50 ways to love yourself:
- Take yourself on a romantic date
- Eat a healthy meal
- Cook a healthy meal
- Eat something indulgent and delicious
- Drink more water
- Give yourself a spa day
- Get a massage
- Bubble bath or Epsom Salt Bath
- Light some scented candles/Aromatherapy
- Shower and massage yourself like you’re on ecstacy
- Manicure/Pedicure (Men – Pedicures are AMAZING!!!)
- Take yourself to the movies
- Buy yourself a gift
- Listen to music
- Read a book
- Draw a picture
- Make some art/get creative!
- Build something with your hands
- Color/paint something in
- Play music
- Learn a new hobby
- Take 10 deep breaths (or more)!
- Meditate on gratitude for your five senses
- Meditate on gratitude for your organs
- Meditate on love for your family
- Meditate on love for your friends
- Meditate on love for the whole planet
- Visualize your dreams and imagine you’ve already accomplished them
- Do yoga/Stretch
- Exercise/Do something physical
- Hug and kiss yourself when you wake up in the morning/before you go to bed at night
- Thank yourself
- Tell yourself that you love yourself
- Tell yourself you love and accept all of your flaws
- Practice forgiveness for a difficult past experience
- Voice yourself to someone who you have a bad relationship with
- Act like a child
- Do the weirdest thing you can do
- Scream at the top of your lungs/Roar/Yawp
- Grunt and make weird noises
- Punch something (safely) – it’s good to let the aggression out!
- Break something (safely) – it’s good to let the aggression out!
- Stomp up and down and bang on your chest
That’s it 🙂 No go out there and love yourself as thoroughly as you can!!!!
Also published on Medium.
2 thoughts on “50 Ways to Love Yourself”
Cool post, I love your blog!!
Great post 😁